Friday, March 13, 2009

Torturous and Therapeutic Thursday

LAST MIDTERM!!! It was Kinese, so I was pretty sure it was going to be the hardest. It wasn't too bad, although when I left I wasn't sure at all how I had done. There weren't a lot of answers that I knew for sure, but based on what I do know I was able to deduce pretty well, I think. It was really funny watching everyone take the midterm - since it was Kinese, everyone was moving around in their chairs, doing the gestures to try to figure out what the muscles are doing. One of the questions asked which muscles are involved in putting on a bra behind your back - so natually, like 15 people have their hands behind their backs like they're putting on a bra. I ended up coming back to that question, so I did it twice (got it right, though!). As it turns out - I got an 89 - yay! I am very happy with that - I wasn't very confident in my kinese abilities at all. I feel like this semester is so much easier for me academically - I really well on all of the midterms (I *think*). Anyway, after midterm, I went to fieldwork, where I got to see some really interesting kids. It was really sad watching one of them - this child has pretty severe oral aversions, and I could tell it was something the kiddo really wanted to "fix", but trying to bite into a cut apple was clearly very painful and difficult. This child has been in treatment for years, and they've only made some progress, although any progress is still progress! Very sweet kid - I hope it all works out!
To end the evening, I met up with Luke at Sherlock's to celebrate end of midterms. After awhile (of course) other people came, too - Nicole, Sajid, Emmy and Wes, Aaron, and Lindsey. It was fun - we just talked about all kinds of stuff and told stories and chilled - such a nice change! Emmy has the BEST stories ever! Seriously, they are some of the funniest things I have ever heard. She could probably write a book about her adventures (such as being eyeballed by an agressive turkey named Pepsi). Of course I got in later than I had planned (what else is new?) but it was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment