Thursday, March 19, 2009

Have you ever seen anybody eat hair?

Thursday we headed back to the big D. But first! I got more happy noms! We stopped at Rudy's for breakfast tacos - mmmmmmm. In the evening we drove out to Arlington to see Nick and Candy's new apartment (really nice and an awesome kitchen!) and have dinner. I left to wash my hands, and when I got back to the table the waiter was standing there blocking my seat, and he was like, "No, you can't sit down." Oh great. One of THOSE. So I had missed the previous conversation, but evidently Candy said something like, "I'm a fire eater," referring to the fact that she eats habanero peppers like they're nothing. Somehow, waiter took that literally. So he starts asking all these questions about eating fire - like, "What else weird do people eat?" WHAT? Trying to be polite, Candy said, "I dunno. On Fear Factor they made people eat bugs and stuff." but noooo...he wouldn't take the hint, and continued to ask questions like, "How do you PREPARE to eat fire?" "Um..a lot of alcohol?" "Whoa, really?" Then she said, "If I literally ate fire, I've got so much hair that it would catch on fire." Waiter walks off, so we're ok - maybe he got it!! But then he comes back, and says "Have you ever seen anybody eat their hair?" - WHAT?? WHAT??? I was staring at my plate because I was really about to burst out laughing. As soon as we got outside, we all just cracked up - something was not right! Then we went to this yogurt place called Pure Bliss, and it kind of was. They had these giant tubs (no, really - one size only!) and a ton of flavors of froyo. Then there was a toppings bar, and you could put whatever you wanted on it - candy, cereal, fruit - and they weight it all at the end and charge you by the ounce. Pretty darn cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment