Sunday, March 29, 2009

Get into play mode

Some people have a hard time going from Academic to play mode. I have no trouble with this - it's going to other way that might be a bit of a problem. We went to NTTI Friday morning, and I was really excited because I knew we were going to get to play on the equipment. She asked for a volunteer to get on the net swing, and of course my hand shot up. YES! The idea is you lay on your stomach in the net and use these two ropes to pull yourself. It always looks like so much fun, and it is...but it's also hard work! My arms were getting tired after a few minutes, but apparently the kids have to do this for 15 - 30 minutes. Then we got to go in the other gym and jump into the pillow pit. One of the things was a rope swing, and I thought - piece of cake! Hmmm...I swung out, and slid right off! There's a big knot that's supposed to hold you on, but instead it just kind of ripped up my thighs - ouch. There's a giant obstacle course, too, and a scooter-ramp. I also got to see nystagmus, which I knew about but hadn't ever witnessed - crazy! Anyway, it was a lot of fun but I was exhaused afterwards. Then I headed to Austin, and once I got here I didn't do anything - pretty much laid on the couch and watched TV. I can deal with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment