Sunday, March 29, 2009

Things I hadn't considered

After enjoying a lazy Sunday morning of doing absolutely nothing, I headed back to Dallas. I thought I would be OK, but I was really tired on the way home, so I stopped to get some Starbucks. I ordered a half regular half decaf, but they didn't have decaf so he recommended something else that was similar - b/c they didn't have it, though, the coffee was on the house! Yay!

So now I am stilling my my parents living room, housesitting for them while they're in D.C. Our German Shepherd, Nacho, is getting pretty old. I think he's 10 or 11 (and dang it, I just looked over and the cat is drinking my water! Ugh!). Obviously I knew he was getting older by the way he moved slower and took longer to get up, but I haven't seen him inside the house in awhile, so it was sad to find he couldn't do a lot of the things he used to do - like climb up the stairs. He slid down twice, and then had a lot of trouble getting back up. I also put up a tiny box barrier so he couldn't go into the dining room, and he didn't even attempt to jump over it. This is the dog that used to jump up to open the door, and you really had to outsmart him to catch him. I just hadn't ever really thought about pets aging much.

1 comment: