Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hoops and YoYo live!

The big event Saturday was Diggnation live! YAY! Mark, Camden and I ventured out to Stubb's to see Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht tape Diggnation right here in ATX. For those of you that don't know, Diggnation is a podcast/video podcast done every week by these two geniuses on the top stories from Digg.com. We were entertained first by Brian Brushwood (whom I hadn't heard of before!) who did some awsome magic/illusions/gross stuff that we were all kind of wondering, "Is that for real?" - including the "human crazy straw" and putting a nail into his left eye and moving it to the right one.

Next, Alex and Kevin took the stage, and it was pretty awesome, although a bit frustrating because they threw a ton of stuff into the audience including shoes, ipod touches, and some other clothing items, but of course they only got to the first 10 rows maybe, so we weren't even close. It hadn't even occured to me that there would be swag, so it was fine. I was getting a bit tired of standing up and it was really cold. The shiw wasn't too long, though, and we got to meet K & A after the show. Pretty awesome! I told Mark Kevin is probably the wealthiest person I've ever met. They were both really cool, but I have to say Alex was really social and cool - and he told me that he, Kevin, Jay and Hippie Glen (maybe?) are all lefties! Shoutout! Anyway - we had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment