Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm sure I'll see you around here!

I can't talk about Friday night without mentioning Saturday morning - I know the suspense would be just too much. Friday was spent mostly just working on ROM, which I have no clue what I am doing. Really, measurements are all off. At 4 we headed to Mark's parent's house, where I pigged out on fajitas and queso - not the best idea before a sleep study. Then I headed to my sleep study - when I scheduled it, I was going to do an overnight, and then an MSLT the following day. Dr would really like to confirm a diagnosis before he treats. Cool. So I meet Marty - the tech who is working with me. Marty's about 60 - a nice guy, but doesn't talk too much. I like it. He hooks up my many many wires and electrodes, and eventually I'm in bed. Sleep went OK - not as good as at home (which isn't good anyway), but I guess I slept enough. Since I've done this before, I know what's coming - the morning after you look like you've been hit by a bus. There's tons of stuff taped to your face, your mouth is all crusty from not being opened all night, you have marks all over you, and then there's the hair. Not pretty, folks. But Marty's cool - sure he won't mind. I ended up sleeping until about 8 - well, I woke up at 6 and was in and out until 8, which is weird because in the past they have woken you up around 6 or 6:30. So in comes...Bryan? Bryan is the new tech on duty - he's 26 and attractive. Of course I'm not trying to impress him or anything, but - seriously? Like, it would be hard for me to look WORSE, and in walks a cohort. Anyway, Bryan tells me he's been watching me (in a scientic way of course) for a few hours, and that I'm not going to do the MSLT due to the results of the night test. BLEH. Fine. So he tells me A LOT about how I sleep (oh man...) and I'm just like....ok. So basically we're back to where we started 2 years ago - we don't really know what's wrong with my sleep, but it's bad. Anyway - that's my story! Oh, and as I'm leaving in all my crazy hair stuck-on electrode putty glory, Bryan says, "I'm sure I'll see you around here sometime!" as he just started working for my Dr. YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment