Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Did my spellcheck really just try to correct internet with Internets?

Tuesday! I was so not happy about this day coming. I really didn't want to take my practicum. But alas, it arrived. I got up at 6:30 after going to bed at midnight the night before - this is very bad for me. Some people need 6-7 hours of sleep - I need like 12. Even then I could probably still take a nap. Anyway, woke up early and studied - I felt better, but I was still pretty nervous. Went to Fieldwork class, where I talked incessantly (likely due to nervousness combined with sleepiness and meds). At least it was on topic and to the teacher. I do end up with a lot of questions, though, and I LOVE my fieldwork placement, so I want to share what I've learned! Anyway, I got some really good info from Civello regarding some other stuff and I hope it will help. Then - dangit! Time for the practicum. Anita went first, and she did well - she nailed the Origins and insertions part, and did most of the tests without too much trouble (although she did forget how to hold the goniometer at one point - luckily she caught it and fixed it!) Then it was my turn, and I tried to be sort of peppy and upbeat - which was OK, except I used one of the proper kinese terms and we're supposed to use layman terms with clients, so I tried to cover it up by saying, "That's just a fancy OT word" - the grader kind of laughed. I mixed up the posterior and anterior deltoids on humeral extension (it's anterior!!! not posterior!!!) so she said, "Are you sure it's posterior delt?" At one point I knew the isolated tests, but I completely forgot which was for which muscle, so I said, "Do this, do this" and demonstrated - that was good covering I think - I don't think she noticed I wasn't sure which was for which muscle. I was still testing! So afterwards she told us we did really well and she was impressed with ou knowledge, and not to worry b/c in real setting you won't really remember all this and you'll be able to use your book. Why couldn't we now? Whew! Glad that's over. I went to work for 4 hours (a new record for this job, I think) and did a whole bunch of filing, and finally figured out why I haven't been able to enter my time and therefore get paid - well, first student services told me to check with payroll, who told me to check with student services... someone was finally able to tell me what was missing, so we resent it today and hopefully I'll get paid soon! The lady on the phone seemed annoyed that all this is coming 6 weeks after I started - yeah, no kidding! How do you think I feel? My boss wasn't aware anything was missing b/c nobody called or told her or anything, and when I contacted them a few weeks ago I heard back at first, and then not again so I didn't even know something was missing. Meh! So after this I was crazy tired - ready to go home and call it a night! But first - grocery store. gross. At the store I got a text from Luke/Anna - they're at Sherlocks ("We won't be there that long!"). After a lot of internal debate, I decided to drop my groceries off and go for a little while. Which turned into almost 2 hours. But you know - always fun to bitch about school with a glass of wine. AND we were kind of productive - discussing the questions from the TWMT coming up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment