Wednesday, January 14, 2009

There goes the neighborhood



Today was kind of a slow day, so Mark and I decided to drive by Mr. and Mrs. Bush's new house while we still can. It's about 5 miles from my (Dallas) apartment very near Preston and the DN Tollway. Interestingly, it's very much in the middle of things and a relatively old house. It has charm, of course. The house next door to it is FABULOUS though. It's in a cul-du-sac, so at the end of this week they're going to put up a gate and block it off. Anyway, probably the only post-presidential house I'll ever see! Unless of course your count George Sr. when he moved in across from the Simpson's ;). I can only imagine what kind of crazy traffic this is going to cause for the nearby residents. Although, the odds of a break-in are waaaaay down!

2 comments:

  1. "I hope Dubya's new neighborhood kids don't throw a ball over his fence, it would be torture getting it back." That's right, we used it! And we got points for it too. AND people with some really effing stupid names (the chili dogs?) whined about it. REPUBLICANS!! HISS!!

    Ok come home now I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, PS, that yard sign makes me want to vomit.

    ReplyDelete