Sunday, January 11, 2009

I just have a question (so I'm going to go in front of you) - January 10th

Actual conversation:



Woman to me: I just have a question (and then cuts in front of me in line, as if I was planning on having a lenghthy conversation instead)



Woman to purser: What's all this stuff about odd numbers going to the aft and even numbers getting off at midship? We're in [even numbered cabin].



Purser: Yes ma'am, you should disembark the ship at midship, then.



Woman: Well, how do I get there?



Me: (In my head of course) You're already there, dumbass!



Purser: Ma'am if you'll just walk back a few yards you'll be there. The doors are on the 3rd floor.



Woman: *huffs* well, my husband is in a wheelchair.



Purser: Yes, Ma'am, either side of the ship has elevators that will take you down to the deck 3.



Woman: Ok. (Walks off)







God bless the wonderfully patient crew of the Ecstasy! They made our vacation really wonderful. It was really good - I have very few complaints. Roy, Pande and Adi were great!



Also, for those wondering if I accomplished my goal: sort of. I made it to the gym once, but it was really warm and made me quite nauseous because all the equipment faced the water. So I ran on deck for awhile, but it was really windy. So I ran up and down the stairs for a bit. I gave up the second sea day!





Anyway, cruise was awesome - I am already looking forward to the next one!

1 comment:

  1. DEFINITELY gotta do that again!! I want to go NOW but it'll be worth the wait to get everybody all together.

    ReplyDelete