Friday, January 23, 2009

burn baby burn


The big story today is that I burned my hand - pretty badly, actually. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I was heating up some tea. I used my favorite moose mug (et tu, brute?), but I guess it was in too long because I grabbed the handle and it was searingly hot. Luckily I didn't drop the mug, but my hand immediately started blistering. I put it in a bowl of cool water for an hour or so like my mom told me, but when I took it out it was still excruciating. I've gotten burned before, but never like this. Apparently 2nd degree burns are very painful. Luckily I had nurse Mark here to bandage me up. Hopefully tomorrow it will be better - I can't use my right hand at all!

1 comment:

  1. YEEEOWCH, that sucks! I'm sorry. :-( Evil moose mug. I hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete