Friday, January 2, 2009

dogs and children alike

I was going to write about how difficult it is searching for a swimsuit when a) it's not swimsuit season and b) when the $3 clearance suits are the wrong size/style/color, but instead I'll tell about my afternoon adventure.


I was turning onto 7th from MoPac when this tan lab mix dog ran in front of me. I pulled over to see if he would come to me. He wagged his tail, but wouldn't come near me. I could tell he didn't have a collar on, so I called 311 to see if animal control would come. The idea was that they could pick him up, and I would put fliers up around the area to see if someone claimed him. Anyway, some neighbors came out, but nobody recognized the dog, but they had seen him wandering around earlier. Basically, Animal Control said my option was to wait up to 24 hours for them to come (which is a viable option because as we know, animals typically like to stay in one place for several hours at a time), or to take the doggie to the shelter myself. So I decided I would try to get him (it was definitely a him) in the car and take him to the shelter, but after much luring with treats (kindly provided by a neighbor across the street!), he would come close to me, but refused to get in or near the car. Then a woman came out of her apartment (she wasn't familiar with this k-9, either) and went for a run, and he ran next to her. So, in short, dog. rescue. fail. This whole thing went on for about 20 minutes. Hopefully he will return to his irresponsible owners before he gets run over, and hopefully his irresponsible owners will learn their lesson and get him some tags!

No comments:

Post a Comment