Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to reality...almost


I made the journey from Austin back to Dallas for the last time before school starts. The drive was pretty uneventful, although I had to stop twice because I had had a cup of coffee and a bunch o water before I left - I should know better! Lindsey, Miranda and I are now watching Lars and the Real Girl with some pizza and wine. I got really confused, because when I ordered the pizza online it had a delivery charge of $1.90, so I called the store and asked if that was a built in tip, or if you're supposed to tip more. The guy didn't seem to know his ass from him elbow, so he just kind of said, "um...yeah....it goes to the driver I guess." Really reassuring. I ended up giving an extra dollar just be safe. Then the pizza guy got here like 30 minutes later than said time, but I felt so bad because the guy was really old and could barely make it up the stairs and I started think this might have been a result of the economy - that previously he might have been more dignfied. Of course, I could be overthinking it and he could actually enjoy delivering pizzas (it's an occupation, I suppose!). Anyway, Miranda dug up another dollar, because as it turns out the delivery fee is split between him and the ingredient truck guy. Bleh. What the heck - why do I have to pay for the truck guy?

Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment