Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pizza Hut has been added to "the list"

Yesterday our class went to the Montessori school so we could administer the Peabody test on some of these lovely children. They were all really cute, but there were some very strange kids, too. Anyway, for the most part everything was good, except our teacher asked us to stay an hour later because the kiddos were all napping while we were there so we couldn't test them. Nornally I wouldn't mind, but since I was heading to Austin I was a little irked. And that's pretty much it. Then Jenn and I hopped on the road as fast as we could and headed South to Austin. Unfortunately, the traffic was awful - in fact, the HOV lane (HOV lane of death - it's very narrow with concrete on both sides) was at a standstill because you can't get around! I will never, ever take that HOV lane! Luckily we got to crawl along as we were not in the HOV. By 7 we were getting hungry, so we discussed how good pizza would be - Hey! Pizza Hut buffet? Awesome! So in Temple we stopped - and anyone who has taken exit 301 to get to everything in Temple knows - the roads there suck and make absolutely no sense. So finally, yay pizza hut! and we get inside and it's NOT a buffet. Whatever, we decide to stay. It took almost an hour for a personal pizza (these take 7 min to make - I know this from eating at the Lair nearly everyday in college!). Plus, the restaurant was like 50 degrees. It was warmer outside! So, Pizza Hut, I am adding you to "the list". It'll take a lot to redeem yourself. Jenn and I finally got to Austin at 9, when I realized I had not told Mark about our plans for the evening (Jenn called me the worst wife ever). Luckily Mark is so easygoing it didn't really bother him. So the three of us met up with Mere, Dale, Ben and Andrew on 6th to see Phoenix Down, a band that Ben knows (They were really good, too!). While we were waiting, Jenn and I were approached by some tanked guy from PA (who I thought said VA, as in veteran's affairs) who kept asking us what certain Texas beers tasted like - uh, beer? Anyway, at this bar we got all kinds of free stuff - American Honey (new liquor & I got a tiny tank top!) and free Coors Light, which I have never had before. It tasted like crackers to me. I really loved the fact that the mountains turned blue when it was cold, though. It was a really fun night, as usual! I love these guys :)
Note in the picture the awesome way Meredith is holding 2 drinks in 1 hand

1 comment:

  1. "Note in the picture the awesome way Meredith is holding 2 drinks in 1 hand"

    Never let it be said that Texas State did not teach me anything.

    ReplyDelete