Saturday, April 11, 2009

What's this cloud of black surrounding Dallas?

Wish I could tell you I had and awesome and crazy Friday, but really not so much. Went to work at 8:00 AM - I thought today was the day I FINALLY got paid, and we were soooo close, but... nope. Well, the other campus called at 9:00 AM to tell Luci that they need my SS card by 11AM if I wanted to get paid today. Could you have called, like, I dunno, a week ago? a month ago? Anyway, my SS card is in Austin, and Mark was already at work. Being the awesome hubby he is, he ran home (actually took the bus, which dropped him off at the first stop - ran inside, grabbed the card, ran back and got on the bus at the other stop - my hero :) ) and copied it. By 10:00 I had a copy, so we faxed it to the # HR had given - noooo answer. Called the woman back - also no answer, and she never returned our message. So we faxed it to a different number, but I was never able to tell them what hours I had worked, so I won't be getting paid this time. Hopefully next pay period!
Then I went to fieldwork and worked on my big fat assignment for fieldwork class. Getting closer to being finished!

Then Marky Mark arrived, so I picked him up and went to dinner with his parents.

Was planning on maybe meeting up with Luke and Michelle for a drink or something, but it was like 9:30 and I was so flipping tired, so we just went home and crashed. I know, we're too cool for words!

1 comment:

  1. That is ridddddiculous!! I can't believe they haven't paid you yet! And who does that - who says "Oh yeah, give me your card by 11" and then doesn't answer their GD phone?! Blarg. :-( Sorry missy, but hopefully you'll get the big bucks next paycheck. Have fun this weekend, we'll miss you! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete