Friday, April 3, 2009

It burns the flesh.

Celebration of Scholarship - YAY! Luckily, I pretty much had nothing to do here except show up. Another fabulous reason I'm glad I am not in PTE. We attempted to take a group pic of as many grad IV and grad II as we could get - which wasn't too bad. However, we took it in the auditorium, and the lighting isn't great. Winnie Dunn was the keynote speaker and she was AWESOME! I learned so much and have a better understanding of sensory integration now, plus she was really funny and entertaining. The rest of the day was for the Grad IVs to present their lines of research and what they have concluded. After a few hours of sitting in the auditorium, I decided to venture off and try to get some homework done. At lunch I met up with a bunch of people, and we had fun. At one point, Emmy spilled her soup of her hand, and we all gave appropriate respose like, "Oh!" "Ouch!" "Are you ok?", and then Aaron says "It burns the flesh." LOL, WHAT? I guess that's true. I got to talk to Justine for a bit, and then went back to the auditorium for the rest of the presentations. Since I wasn't sure how long this was going to go on, I had planned on flying to Austin. The last flight of the day is at 7:25, so I knew I should make this without too much trouble. When you're going through the security line, and you've passed the metal detector, and you're going to grab your shoes - do NOT stand there and block everyone else and put your shoes on. Particularly if your coin slot is more than showing. Keep it moving, ass crack! Anyway, this didn't really matter because my flight was delayed. Several hours. 7:25 flight is now departing at 10:05. Well, there's not much you can do - the previous flight had already left, and the 7:25 is the last flight to Austin. Of course, people forget details like this, and then start yelling at the gate agent, as if she controls the weather (or when planes get to leave). "What do you mean there isn't an earlier flight to Austin? You're telling me one flight leaves at 6:50 and the next one doesn't leave until 10:05?" - UM, YEAH, but remember it was supposed to be 6:50 and 7:25, dumbass. Then someone else rolls their eyes and says, "I could get in the car and drive there by the time this flight leaves." - ???? Ok. Do it, then! You're right - it's a 3 1/2 hour drive. SW will totally give you credit to fly another time. Whatever - as frustrating as it is, the ticket agents/pilots/flight attendants have nothing to do with it. I was content to sit at the airport and work on homework - which I got a bunch done! - until the plane got here. There's really nothing we can do about it! So I got in about 11, and Mark and I went back to the apartment and went back to sleep - it all worked out just fine!

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh yes, I hate the security line!! It's like, even if you've NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, there are plenty of people in front of you who are doing exactly what you're about to: now take off your damn shoes, walk through the metal detector, collect your junk, and GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!! And don't sit near me on the plane.

    ReplyDelete