Monday, April 27, 2009

Presentation FAIL


Ok... so after a week of sort of planning this presentation, the only thing I needed to do was finished editing for grammar, and Aaron was going to add a reference - easy peasy, right? Sunday AM 1st thing I finished editing, and sent it to everyone so they could practice their parts. Later, I was doing something with the document and I realized - FRICK. I once again opened the document from gmail and hit save - which means it gets saved in some secret secret buried "Temporary" file. I have no clue why it's made that way - WHY would I want to save something that I don't want? Why doesn't it just pop up and say, "YO! You can't save it here!" Anyway, NOT the first time I have done that, unfortunately, and I had to redo it all. Ok, still good. I texted Aaron like 5 times to make sure he was finished his reference, and that he was using the RIGHT document. No answer all day, and finally he's like, Yeah, I'll do it as soon as I'm done w/ quant quiz. Ok, good. Also, we have to have a handout for the class, so we made this crossword puzzle. I forgot, so then I was like, crap, Aaron needs to send that, too. Except then Anna forwards me the crossword and the file is corrupt or doesn't open. Instead of texting Aaron again so he doesn't kill me, I text Sajid and ask him to call Aaron and see if he's done it yet and to remind him about the crossword. Ok, he's going to do it. ...Monday morning comes around, and there's no message from Aaron that he sent it, so Anna sends the incomplete version to the professor b/c part of our grade was turning it into her before the presentation. Turns out, Aaron actually did send both the crossword and the powerpoint to teacher. As it turns out, the crossword was indeed broken and therefore not saved. So we have to re-do the whole thing in about 30 min before class, and it's online, so apparently you can't really save it. We get it all done - - just waiting to print 37 copies for the class, so Luke and I go upstairs to set up our powerpoint and everything, because we have like 5 min before class starts and we're going first. A few minutes later, Anna and Aaron come upstairs w/out the copies. Wait...what? Turns out, Aaron sent the stuff to "print" but it never made it to the network printer, and he logged out of the computer before they knew that. SO NO CROSSWORD AGAIN. We ended up having to redo it AGAIN, and the teacher moved our presentation to last. Print - SUCCESS!!! Ok, so we're done...we present, it goes pretty well, everyone likes my homemade I <3 Kielhofner shirt...Really, you have to have a sense of humor about these kinds of things. But we still suck at life.

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty rad shirt. Also, I once lost half of an Environmental Management presentation the night before it was due because I apparently saved it to the "temporary files" and then wasn't able to find it again. Oh what fun at midnight!

    ReplyDelete