Thursday, April 23, 2009

2 MRS. GEBHARTS??

Today I went to observe my mother in law's kindergarten class, which happens to be at my old elementary school. The kids were pretty interested in who I was (naturally), and when she explained that I was her daughter in law, the kids were supposed to try to guess my last name. To give them a hint, Cindy told them my last name was the same as her son's. The problem is, most of these kids do not have the same last name as their mom or siblings. Hmmmm...so finally, she just told them. The fact that there were 2 Mrs. Gebharts was very interesting to them. Anyway, I had a lot of fun watching the kids do their activities, and it was a really good learning experience. Some of them come from really tough backgrounds, so I really hope they'll be successful. I also got to see 2 of my old teachers, Mrs. Ludtke and Mrs. Sidweber, and they both remembered who I was (and my sister)! Sadly, they painted over my name on the bricks as well as the mural in the cafeteria. So sad!
That evening I went to Luke's house for a get together and had a little too much vino. But that's ok :) It was still fun, and I really like his friend Sam's girlfriend, Jessica.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that Mark's mom teaches kindergarten!! That's cool. When I subbed for my mom before I got married I would tell her kids I was Miss Lisauckis and they'd be like "GAAAASP! THAT'S OUR TEACHER'S NAME!" unless she tipped them off beforehand. :-) Youth.

    ReplyDelete