Saturday, April 4, 2009

"If someone got a little drunker than me, I'd be like, 'get a life - it's my birthday.'"

Morning started off with the Independence Brewery party/tour - basically, it's free to get in, you get 3 beers and if you want, you can pay $6 for a souvenir glass that you can drink your beer from or you can use good ol plastic. It's all around awesome! They also had a live band and crawfish boil (gross - I went over to watch this, and it was just about the sickest thing I've seen in awhile!). So then we went over to Camden's and played Wii and old school nintendo until it was time for dinner. After sitting in a lot of traffic thanks to Texas Relay, we went to this place called Vivo - it was very interesting. Upscale decorations (lots of naked women paintings) and fancy drinks with orchids in them. Not too expensive (but not that cheap, either.) It was an odd blend of upscale/romantic and loud. Also, the bathroom sinks had ice and rose petals in them - no idea why. The food was OK - the salsa was good but super hot, but my dinner was pretty much a glorified nacho. Although the guac was pretty darn good. All the girls got a rose when they brought the check. Not a bad experience, but not super-great food, either. Then we headed back to Camden's, where we played Cranium and had cake. We pretty much demolished the cookie cake his co-workers had brought! Attempted to watch Teen Wolf, (to which I said "YAY TEEN WOLF!" and Amy starts cheering too and says, "Wait...Oh...I thought we were cheering for something else.I don't know what that is.") but of course we were a little too loud to hear what was going on. Hope you had a good Birthday, Cam!

1 comment:

  1. awww, I'm glad you had a good time and so glad you could be there to share the experience :)

    ReplyDelete