Monday, April 20, 2009

9 years ago

This morning didn't go quite as planned. Last time we checked, the 9:05 flight to Dallas had plenty o seats left. Excellent! But when I got there, apparently there were like 20 non-revs in front of me and it was "not likely" I was going to get on. ... luckily I made it on at the last minute and was ready to head back to school life. As we're pulling away from the gate and the flight attendant is giving the spiel about safety, some guy stands up. "Sir, you need to sit down." NOPE - not going to happen. Dude grabs his laptop and shoves his way over everyone and starts walking to the front. Post Sept 11 you cannot do this, so the flight attendants surrounded him and he started saying something about his purse and pointing to the bag. Not sure what happened next, but he got up to the front, the plane stopped moving, and started moving back toward the gate. Guy gets off, and we leave again. Later the pilot said the guy "did the right thing since he wasn't feeling well". I guess he had a panic attack. EVERYONE was staring at him though, and I thought - this must be really mortifying for him.

So yes, 9 years ago today I started dating Mark. The pic is as close to 9 years as I could get with what I have on my computer (all of our older stuff is on mom and dad's at home) but you get the gist. We were young and crazy! After 9 years, I still am not tired of him - weird, right? I often wonder how he's not tired of me, either. One of life's mysteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment