Sunday, May 23, 2010

Farmer's Market

This morning Mark and I met up with Steve (his boss), his wife Lori and their 18 month old daugter, Isabella, and went to the Farmer's Market in Campbell.  There was some delicious fresh produce, including berries, cherries and citrus fruits.  Among other things I picked up some avocado cilantro hummus and it's killer!  I have to excercise some control not to eat the whole tub in one sitting.  After the market we went back to Steve and Lori's house and had a nice breakfast.  It was fun hearing about their adventures in CA and what they've been up to.  Isabella is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen, and was very very well behaved.  My favorite part about this trip, though, was the lemon tree they have in their backyard.  Having killed just about every plant I've ever owned (including a cactus) and growing up in Texas, the idea of picking fruit off a tree and being able to eat it is very amusing - and so I came home with a bag of lemons! Lori said if I needed any more to let her know...however as we drove up to our apartment, I saw a lemon tree in our parking lot - with lots of ripe fruit!  Looks like everything I eat this week might have a twist... :)
San Jose State University

No comments:

Post a Comment