Saturday, May 29, 2010

A slight miscalculation

One of the biggest attractions here in Nor Cal (and the one I was most looking forward to!) is wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma.  There are many many vineyards close together, and if you're not careful you can spend a lot of money sampling these fine wines.  Luckily, I had done research and printed 2-for-1 offers and such so that we could do it for less than $50.  Of course these wineries tend to get the most busy, so I figured we might end up skipping one or 2 if they were too hectic.  We got to the area around 10:30 and started at a free winery: Jacuzzi family winery.  It was good - but already quite crowded, and we had the privilege of witnessing a great parenting fail.  This place was rather large, and someone managed to lose their toddler - who couldn't identify or tell anyone who his parents were.  Whoops.  After that we went to Cline, where I got to feed fish and look at birds.  Then we went to my favorite winery of the day, Anaba.  it's a boutique winery that serves delicious unique and large samples while you chat with the owner and his son.  At this point, though, it was about 1:00 and we hadn't had lunch yet.  Translation - I wasn't all there.  Luckily, Mark was fine and we made it to a nice Mexican food place.  For me, things went down from there.   After lunch we still had a few places left.  You see, in my lovely trip-planning I didn't calculate that drinking wine rapidly doesn't always work out so well for me.  So after lunch we visited some nice places: Valley of the Moon, Chateau St. Jean, Arrowood (very nice - they also had to-die-for chocolate sauce) and Benzinger Family.  I don't remember Benzinger too much - I know we talked to a couple next to us from Texas, our bartender was named "Dr. Bob", and I may have stolen a glass.  After that I fell asleep in the car while Mark drove us to the hotel.  In spite of me, we managed to have a nice dinner, but didn't do much else in Suison City.  I was pretty much ready to go to bed! :)

1 comment:

  1. I commend your possible glass thievery. :)

    ReplyDelete