Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nothing better than a wine tasting room in a school zone




Today I had the car, so I got to drive around and get to know my surroundings a little better.  Ironically, the 2 places I really want to eat - Baja Fresh and In-N-Out Burger - I never passed.  Once upon a time we had Baja Fresh in Texas...and now we're down to 1 in Irving.  Their salsa is killer, but I digress...
I stopped in at J.Lohr and did some wine tasting.  It was 3:00, so I was the only one in there - but that's ok.  The wines I tried were really good, but the best ones were a bit out of my price range.  I can't wait to go back with Mark, though :) The room was across the street from a Jr. High, which I found really strange.
After he got home from work, we decided to check out this rooftop bar on Santana Row.  I knew it would be pricey, but figured we were paying for atmospere anyway.  It was pretty cool - inside a fancy hotel with confusing elevators.  $6 for a Stella, but we got to drink it by a firepit.  It's very nice here, but I am already missing home!

No comments:

Post a Comment