Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I stand corrected - there was a funnel cloud in the bay!

Today I had the car, so I decided to make the most of my time by going to places I can't normally get to.  I ate lunch at Baja Fresh - NOMS!!  Last time I went to BF in Texas the green salsa looked and tasted different.  I thought maybe it was a fluke, but when I ate at this one it was the same thing :(  Luckily the black salsa I also love was the same...but alas, it looks like my favorite green might be gone forever!  Next I decided to be adventurous and check out the Saint Joseph Basilica in downtown San Jose.  Something amazing happened here, which I can only attribute to an act of God - I successfully parallel parked, and on the first try!  The church was stunning - very beautiful with chapel ceilings, etc.   It was really amazing.  
My next adventure took me to a park I've passed on my way to Target.  It's a Rose Garden/research center, but I was amazed at how much stuff they had.  As I was walking down these very narrow paths, I kept hearing noises.  It was like on Lost (which I realize if you didn't watch Lost, you won't get this) - when people run through the jungle and hear whispers.   I kept hearing it - and finally caught a glimpse of this lizard - and then another, and another.  There must be hundreds of them!    I also came across and orange tree, which of course fascinates me.  Unfortunately, all of the oranges within my reach had been plucked off.  Maybe some other time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment