Thursday, May 13, 2010

On the road again!

After a night of partying with my OT friends and saying goodbye :(, we woke up at 6 to take care of some last minute things before we hit the road. I'll just say this: hangover + 9 hour drive = bad decisions were made. After all was said and done, though, we left Dallas around 9 and made it to Roswell by 4:45. Luckily, we ran over to the "Area 51" museum thing and since it was almost closing time, the guy let us in for free. We got to take some cheesy pictures of aliens, which is all I really wanted to do in Roswell. Lots of the city had alien stuff, but there were some other cool things like the Bitters Wildlife Refuge. If we hadn't been so tired, we might have stayed until dark to check out the stars - since there aren't many lights you probably could see a lot more out there than in the city. We also learned a lesson here about not blindly following the GPS - it ended up leading us into a field and a dirt road (road is a bit generous...).  Live and learn! :)  I'm really happy I got to see Roswell - even if it is dorky I can still say I've been there!  I have to say I have the best husband ever :)

Animals seen this day:
Prairie dogs (very exciting!!)
Roadrunner (?) - some kind of bird with plummage
lots of birds
Aliens
Jackrabbit













No comments:

Post a Comment