Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Oh yes, it's so lovely now it's almost a shame to bury it."

We started the morning off by driving to Monterey Bay and going to the aquarium - supposedly one of the best in the world.  It was pretty neat - there was a huge exhibit on sea horses and a giant tank with huge tunas.  I didn't realize they got to be like 500 lbs!  There were also otters (so cute!) and lots of other neat stuff.  We spend awhile there, and then went to Islands for lunch - again, very good!  Then we drove up the coast on 1 to take in the beaches of California.   So we pulled off onto one beach, and I saw a big pile of...something?  As we got closer, I figured out it was a dead seal/sealion on the shore.  Gross!  And then the wind blew, and yes, it was definitely very dead.  I had to laugh, though, because it reminded me of one of my favorite episodes of Frasier, "The Seal Who Came to Dinner".  Anyway, we tried to splash around in the water but it was very very cold. 

Tim was having a party at his house, and at the same time his upstairs neighbors were also having a party...so at times we would migrate upstairs and they would come down.  It was very interesting to see a house in San Fran - very different than Texas homes!  I also followed one of the upstairs guy's dogs, and I walking in and declared I was "Alice in Wonderland".  It was a good party - lots of fun, and I got to meet some really cool new people. 

Animals Seen today:
Marty the cat
lots of fish
bears
otters


1 comment:

  1. OK your text from this morning is starting to make sense. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story, hee! :) Looks like y'all are having a great time, can't wait to see you this wknd!

    ReplyDelete