Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home sweet home

Yay!  I managed to make it back to Austin without too much trouble.  Flight was at 6:30 AM, and since I checked a bag I had to get to the airport at 5:30!  The line was so long that by the time I got to the counter they said the bag might not make it on the flight.  (Spoiler alert: it did.)  I had a layover in San Diego, and ended up with a 1 hour delay.  It was 7:00AM and people were drinking beer - wow.  There was a crazy obnoxious kid 2 rows behind me who talked REALLY LOUD the entire 2 1/2 hr flight.  He was cute when we took off - "whoa! We're flying!!!!" and landing "WHOA! It's so WINDY!" but the rest of the flight it's like seriously, shut up.  Also, the kid was like 6 so way too old to be acting like that and why didn't the parents tell him to talk quietly?  My awesome Austin bestie had off work, and so she offered to pick me up - YAY!   When I got home I found out my car wouldn't start...so I ended up walking to 7-11 to get something to eat.  It's not a long walk, but it was pretty darn hot!  Long story short, Camden came to my rescue as well as my neighbor,(and my dad via phone!) and we eventually got it started.  I picked Mark up from the airport at 11:30, and then we went to bed - I didn't realize how awesomely comfy my Austin bed was until I had something to compare it to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment